BASIC ART PREPARATION
This introduction is designed for the art production beginner and is organized in a way that enables even the most frustrated, new screen printing artist to gain a fundamental understanding of the art creation process.
Essential for the absolute beginner in art production, this overview is a chance for you to see what is needed in basic art production for screen printing: the skills, the tools and the programs, and even the basic terminology necessary to make an educated choice about how to proceed.
- The methods and procedures to produce basic art separations
- A review of what film positives are, and how to produce them
- Tips and techniques to make the art print correctly and how to build your knowledge
- Basics about art programs needed to print positives in an easy-to-understand presentation, including entry level ideas and solutions
- Review of screen mesh and its effect on final print
- Tips on how resolution affects on the final print
You will review the demands the print process has on art, plus basic tips and tricks to make your art easier to print. We will also help you make decisions on equipment types and computer programs.
BASIC SCREEN PRINTING
With the fundamentals of art preparation behind you, this half of the class will help you understand the basics of screen printing. Created for the absolute beginner, it is a starting point for individuals who want the chance to see exactly what happens in screen printing and be able to make an educated choice about how to proceed.Everyone will follow the process — from film positives to screen
You will also learn how to coat a screen and use capillary film, and how to correctly time screen exposure. Demonstrations in a group setting show how to set up your press quickly and load the
You will leave the class ready to decide if you are ready to jump into the world of screen printing and if you are ready to progress to the more detailed three day hands-on class where the "why" and "how best" is answered in depth.